Sunday, February 12, 2006

SNOW DAY, MONDAY FEBRUARY 13th, 2006

See below this post for weekend homework, now due Tuesday. For O'Brien students, in my personal opinion (Ethan), the trig test will be Wednesday, I find it unlikely she will keep the date as tommorow. For AP World Riggio students, I uploaded the weekly assignment sheet as an image file and included a link in the weekend homework post. If you're too lazy to scroll down, click here for a direct link to the post.

Ganesh: I know for a fact that the test will be postponed to Wednesday, as I specifically remember someone asking Mrs. O'Brien on Friday after school during the review session.

Yang: O'Brien told the 1st period class that if there was a delay, she'd move the test to Wednesday. I assume that'll carry over to the other periods as well. After all, she has to go over the evens on the review sheet.

According to News12 Long Island, the Three Village Central School District will not be open Monday, Feb. 13, due to weather conditions.
See here for the report. More details/confirmations pending.

^ Thanks to Dylan "da Bomb" Leidig for this information! (Yang: I reaffirm that he is "The Chad")

UPDATE: CONFIRMATION FROM THE THREE VILLAGE HOMEPAGE. SEE HERE.

WEATHER UPDATE
Yang Li

For all that explaining I did about the likelihood of a delayed opening, I really only gave a snow day a 10-20% chance of happening. I have underestimated the district's liberal policy in dishing out school closings. Perhaps the previous administration was more conservative in their delayed opening for the day after the 2004 blizzard. Regardless, the near future will be mild but the long term (next month and a half) will be cold and stormy. Look for a 3rd snow day sometime in late February or March, which hasn't happened in a while, maybe not since 2000. The center of low pressure moving out to sea and there will be some blowing and drifting of snow tonight and tomorrow morning. Hopefully, the plows will get rid of the snow enough to permit easier access to social gatherings tomorrow (wink wink nudge nudge). Until then, I will be back next time a snowstorm comes bearing our way.

4 Comments:

Blogger Varun Talanki said...

is this true?!?!? district site doesnt say anything

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

on the home page... the wm logo... i get the snow.. but what's with the rose????

9:54 AM  
Blogger Ethan Solomon said...

The rose is there for Valentine's Day...I figured that since I have the time today to put that new image on there I might as well, even though the holiday is tommorow.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home